01 February 2013

CHCHCHCHANGES

Have you ever wanted something so badly but you thought it would never happen so you nearly gave up hope and then it happened?

If you were able to follow that nonsense, I've got two big announcements for you:

❶ I'm pregnant. SURPRISE! I'm not going to lie... it was a total and complete shock to all of us. I'd been begging my husband for 6 years for a third child and he just wouldn't budge. It was causing a huge rift in our marriage and yet, neither of us would change our stance. I was literally *just* trying to wrap my head around the fact that what I'd dreamt of my whole life might not be in the cards for me... and then I got the news. Of course I was coming off of my busiest work month ever and it was right before we left for England! The timing couldn't have been any crazier and yet, in a way, it was perfect. It took a few weeks for my husband to wrap his head around it, but now he's on board and excited. Despite the constant nausea and always horrific weight gain, I feel like the luckiest girl alive! The universe/God heard my plea (all of them!) and this little miracle boy will complete our family, plus allow me to close this childbearing chapter of my life. It is going to change everything, which I will talk more about soon.

❷ I'm in the process of re-designing 180360 to be a single blog + portfolio website. I'm finally moving from the comforts of Blogger into the world of self-hosted Wordpress. Eek! This is something I've wanted to do for years but could never find the time. I finally just took the plunge, which I think you just have to do if you want to make a change. I know I should wait until the transfer is finished, but I am putting up new photos and would like to start posting over there instead of here. Many of you have been with me from the beginning (THANK YOU!) and your input/feedback would be invaluable. If you'll add 180360.com to your feed/readers, I'd be greatly appreciative. PS. Although I won't be updating it, this site will not be deleted. I don't want to leave all those Google searchers hanging! ;)

Have a great weekend, my friends!

13 comments:

Colleen said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations Kim! How exciting...

jora said... [Reply to comment]

Eek! This is going to be so exciting. :) xoxo

torrie said... [Reply to comment]

SOOOOOO happy for you!!!
just added the new site :).

gorillabuns said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so happy for you all!

When you finish the transfer, will you share how I can do so without losing seven years of crap?

xoxo

Jill said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats Kim! That is very exciting. I'll update my feed subscription! Very very happy for you!

Desi McKinnon said... [Reply to comment]

This is so big and awesome! I can't wait to hear about all the changes coming your way.

Shelly said... [Reply to comment]

Joy! I am very happy for you, I am looking forward to your changes and seeing your growing family.

Sizzle said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so so so happy for you!

Mercie said... [Reply to comment]

i know i already told you, but i'm so so SO excited for you!! this is fantastic! and now that we'll be in LA, we can actually HANG OUT!!

i LOVE the new site. the photos took a little bit of time to load for me (maybe that's my computer?) but other than that it looks fantastic. maybe i should move to wordpress? i love the format you have now. blogger kinda sucks... perhaps i will look into it after our move.

so happy for you, love. everything is coming together for you. xxoo

Mercie said... [Reply to comment]

oh, and jora's two recent shoots are absolutely stunning. they brought tears to my eyes. kim, you nailed it. jora and her family are beautiful. xxoo

Whiskeymarie said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats! Tartine bread AND a bun in the oven? :)

mamamandy.com said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Kim! Cuz you inspire me and I know you're not busy or anything...I nominated you for a Beautiful Mama Blog Award! http://mamamandy.com/2013/03/02/first-blog-award/

180|360 said... [Reply to comment]

@mamamandy.comThanks, Mandy! I am sorry I only just saw this. xo

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails