29 February 2012

THE COLOR RUN: AN EXPLOSION OF COLOR + FUN

On Saturday, I participated in a 5K charity race called The Color Run. I'd read about it online a few months back and when I saw that it was coming to Vegas I signed up right away. Good thing, because a few weeks later it sold out!


Thousands of people and dust bombs of color descended upon Downtown Las Vegas. 
At every kilometer marking, runners were bathed in a different color.


I tend to take races a little too seriously, but since this wasn't timed, it was a welcome change to run simply for fun.  No pressure!


More importantly, it allowed me to get some great shots with my iPhone. I used the Aqua Box again for protection. Man, I love that product! It worked perfectly, even though I couldn't see anything as it was completely covered in colored dust. 


This would be a great race for a family, but I would definitely recommend wearing eye protection and covering children's mouths. Though the color is made from some kind of corn derivative, I wouldn't want my children inhaling it. 


It looked like an apocalypse!


Just past the finish line, the runners released bags of color up into the sky. It was surreal to say the least, but I think this photo in all of its painterly fashion sums it up perfectly!

If the Color Run ever comes to a city near you, I'd highly recommend you try it! It will definitely be an experience you won't forget.

6 comments:

blake said... [Reply to comment]

loved seeing these on IG... never seen anything like it! A lovely combo of beautiful and ominous :)

Desi McKinnon said... [Reply to comment]

I love it. I really love seeing these photos bigger. I liked them on my phone, but I love them on a larger scale. I love Diwali and this looks like Diwali with running;)

Colleen said... [Reply to comment]

So glad you did a post with these! I loved them on IG too. Gorgeous.

katie//salt+pine said... [Reply to comment]

The pictures are so amazing. Totally a rainbow apocalypse!

Mercie said... [Reply to comment]

This is awesome. I'm so proud of Vegas for doing something like this. Makes me miss living there.

Joy said... [Reply to comment]

That's so exciting!! I and a couple friends are probably going to be do this in Florida in January.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails