01 December 2008

It's Party Time!

Hello and welcome to the party! Help yourself to a drink and please join us in celebrating with our good friend Gorillabuns. What's that you say? Oh you didn't get the invitation?! I'm sorry! Here you go...

What: Baby Shower for Shana

Where: Broadcasted from the Web

Date: December 1, 2008

Time: All day, baby!

The Guests (including, but not limited to): Sizzle, LVGurl, Whiskeymarie, Citizen of the Month, Walking Punchline, Metalia, Alphamommy, Little Miss Mel, Whoorl, Dutch Blitz, Rhiannon, Carissa, Not Yet a Wino and of course, me, 180/360. (Please click the links for more party coverage.)

Several weeks ago, Sizzle came up with this great idea to have an online baby shower for Shana and I helped her bring it to fruition by organizing the above bloggers to kindly send in a monetary donation to go towards a Target & a PF Chang's gift card for the Gorillabuns family and also to agree to dedicate a post in her honor today!

As the resident photographer in the bunch, I thought it would be fun if I documented what the shower might have been like...

First we gave Gorillabuns a lovely "Mom-To-Be" sash, so it was clear to everyone who the belle of the ball was. Doesn't she look cute?

Since Neil was the only guy there, we appointed him the resident DJ. He spun all of G-buns' favorites like: Foo Fighters, Snow Patrol, Modest Mouse and Death Cab.

We also had some refreshments, namely the Gorillabuns Signature drink... Watermelon Vodka and Red Bull. Let's just say that DutchBlitz, Alphamommy and Little Miss Mel hung around the punch bowl a little too long. WHOA.

Whoorl, Sizzle and Metalia serenaded us with a few tunes...


And of course we had to play some quintessential shower games.

Walking Punchline won the word challenge game by coming up with 55,212 baby names using just "Shana & Rich."

LVGurl came the closest in measuring Gbuns' belly.


I think it is safe to say that Carissa was a tad dubious about taste-testing chocolate poo.


The Baby Bottle Drinking Game was quite amusing as Kris naturally took the lead over Rhiannon.  Next time we'll use room temperature milk instead of wine!


Let's not forget that I handmade these stellar party favors for everyone.


Oh, and Whiskeymarie brought the cake. It's probably a good thing she forgot it was a scheduled c-section!


And for fun, we generated photo samples of what their child might look like. Oddly enough, it was a boy every time! But we were all a little surprised with the outcome of the last one...






Well, at least they got the lips right! (HAHAHAHA)

But on a more serious note, I'm so happy that we were able to celebrate the soon-to-be Gorillabuns, the Third. I adore G-buns and hope that she feels the love, support and genuine care from many of her blogging friends. I can't wait to meet the little one, Shana! Take care my friend...

And a big thanks to everyone who helped make this possible... xoxo

25 comments:

-RM said... [Reply to comment]

LMAO!!! I love DJ Neil!!!

Metalia said... [Reply to comment]

Duuuuude. I am SO BUFF. Good thing I have these tickets for the gun show!

(These pictures are hilarious.)

(Congratulations, Shana!)

amy turn sharp of doobleh-vay said... [Reply to comment]

that is rad! yr an awesome pal- love this!!! and I agree that dj neil is the bomb.

punchlinewalking said... [Reply to comment]

I love it! You are a photoshop genius!!

Rhiannon said... [Reply to comment]

But, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would ever lose a wine drinking competition. Now I feel like I need to practice just to make sure this NEVER HAPPENS.

Angella said... [Reply to comment]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You are the QUEEN of Photoshop!

I am totally going to make one of those drinks FOR REAL. But I'll probably wait until after lunch ;)

Congratulations Shana! We love you!

whoorl said... [Reply to comment]

I bow down to your Photoshop genius. This is the greatest post EVER. :)

gorillabuns said... [Reply to comment]

YOU GUYS MAKE ME CRY BIG OL UGLY TEARS OF HAPPINESS!!!

I still can't believe you all would go to such lengths to make me feel so happy and blessed.

In other words, I'm totally speechless and this doesn't happen very often!

I'm so glad all my favorites are at the party and don't know how to thank all of you but other than, THANK YOU!!! Now, excuse me while this pregnant chick cries some more because she wished she looked as good as the cyber-gorillabuns does.

Kim - you are a photoshop goddess!

Jill - GlossyVeneer said... [Reply to comment]

Awesome post!

(Very sorry to have spaced on RSVP'ing... I did post in honor of this today. If it's not too late for me to pitch in on the gifts, let me know!)

Ali said... [Reply to comment]

..i wont' be insulted that i wasn't invited to the par-tay ;) hahah. i kid.

zomg! the pictures! the cake! awesome~! best shower ever ;)

Sizzle said... [Reply to comment]

Hysterical! Those photos cracked me up (before 8am on a Monday!). Thank you so so so much Kim for pulling this off for me and all of us. Way to pick up and run with it- you've got a hit on your hands. :-)

Now to ensure I continue going to the gym, I will print out that photoshopped photo of me and dream big. Heh.

LVGurl said... [Reply to comment]

Speechless.

I think this is the best blog post ever written.

And I do believe that's an actual picture of Neil at the turntable.

Thank you for putting on the BEST SHOWER IN THE WORLD! We all love Shana, and this was a great tribute!

Whiskeymarie said... [Reply to comment]

You are a freak. I love this.
I really need photoshop and the skills needed to use it. can I borrow yours?

Thanks for organizing this, toots. Great job!

eyeheartinternet said... [Reply to comment]

You're so funny - I love that birthday cake. Is it real?

Dr Zibbs said... [Reply to comment]

Well done

kerrianne.org said... [Reply to comment]

1. You are beyond awesome.
2. I'm sorry I was so lame in getting on the shower bandwagon in a timely fashion, but I too think Shana is all sorts of rad and would have proudly drank vodka flavored anything at her internet shower.
3. You have mad photo shop skillz.

Big love for you all, and here's to Shana's third edition!

Carrisa said... [Reply to comment]

um those are some mad photoshop skills you have there. nice job.

yay for Shana!

Rick Hasney said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations!

I have to go get a screen cleaner after seeing the picture of the cake. I am SO getting one of them for our next family party, whatever it may be.

little miss mel said... [Reply to comment]

Oh me, Oh my. THAT WAS FANTASTIC!!!! Hot damn, what a hoot.

Kim, you rock. As Shana said yesterday, next summerm we're both coming to Vegas and we're going out.

Well done girl, you're fab!

kia (good enough mama) said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for making me piss my pants and snort my Dorito crumbs all over the keyboard. Truly. Thanks.

HAPPY BABY PUSHING, SHANA!!!!!

kris said... [Reply to comment]

I haven't laughed this hard since the winter of '93. And now I can't recall what that was even about.

You totally rocked this. So awesome!

kerrianne.org said... [Reply to comment]

OK so I totally showed up to the shower a day late, with offerings of commandments (and vodka).

Jason, as himself said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, I'm missing out on a whole lotta fun here.

BeachMama said... [Reply to comment]

Ack. I missed the party, oh how I hate missing a good party, and all because I was at a concert. Glad lots of fun was had and can't wait to hear about baby Gorillabuns.

Gramps said... [Reply to comment]

The cake was hilarious. I laughed out loud, and my secretary asked me what was so funny.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails